Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Hopping


**IN LOVE with Fall**

We did it! I will be leaving Steamboat on the 4pm flight tomorrow, satisfied we accomplished what we set out to. I cannot wait to go home and start spreading our message!!

As for now, I am going back to Manhattan Beach to experience fall at the beach. I am officially fall hopping the states.

Clean report: forgot to take some of my pills so my stomach wasn’t happy with me. Other than that, I think I am perkin’ up! Not nearly as sleepy… I even woke up before 9 today all on my own :)



**my FAVORITE thus far**
 Breakfast Smoothie
1½ C mixed raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
1 kiwi
6oz. coconut water
½ C hazelnut milk (Amazaki)
3 tbsp hemp seeds (or suggested amount of another protein powder)
3 kale leaves
2 tbsp chia seeds soaked in warm water with cinnamon and cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp honey
½ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cardamom



**My Vegetarian Version with Yellow Rice**
 Teriyaki Bowl
(Serves 4-6)
1 lb marinated skirt steak sliced or 1 boneless skinless breast and 3 thighs sliced
2 bunches green onions sliced (about 2 Cups)
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1-2” grated ginger
1 lb shitake mushrooms washed and sliced
1 C snow peas, sugar snap peas, broccoli, asparagus or seasonal vegetables
2 C thinly sliced napa cabbage or bok choy
Teriyaki Marinade
1 Tbl Organic Sesame Oil
Optional addition: you can use arrowroot or cornstarch to thicken sauce. Also, you can use canola oil if allergic to sesame.

Cut and ready all vegetables, onions and garlic. Set them aside. Heat pan and add sesame oil and 2 cloves garlic. Add 1 C of the green onions and mushrooms.  Stir occasionally until tender and browned. Add marinated meat. Remove from pan and set aside. Next add remaining green onions.  Cook for 1 minute, add 1-2 garlic, and then add vegetables. Cook vegetables until tender.  Approx. 3-4 minutes. Keep them bright green! (To keep green, blanch first). Return meat to skillet.  Add ½ C of reserved teriyaki marinade.  Squeeze grated ginger over stir-fry.  

Serve over hot basmati rice or pad tai rice noodles 

Teriyaki Marinade: (blend all ingredients together)
½ C soy sauce or wheat-free tamari
¼ C olive oil
1 C green onion chopped
3-4 garlic cloves minced
2-3 Tbl honey
1 Tbl sesame oil
1-2 tsp fresh ginger grated

**My House Salad with Lunch**



Liquid Dinner...
Sense my stomach wasn’t feeling to good, I skipped it… I know… no bueno…




** MORE FALL & THE BACKYARD **
 **The Spot**
 **I'm Going to Miss the Cabin**


 **Serenity**
 

No comments:

Post a Comment