Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chasing Waterfalls


 For Annie’s last day in the ‘boat we decided to go hiking up Fish Creek. Lucky for us, it was another beautiful day! We spent four hours hiking up to the falls, taking pictures of the techno-colored trees, and lounging on the rocks. In honor of our “last supper” with Anndoggy, I made my famous coconut curry dish (completely Clean).

Going into my second week Clean, I thought it would be good to reflect… I honestly feel the first week on the program I ate too much. Since it said I could eat nut-butters, and I fell in love with an organic raw almond butter, I miiiiight have went a little nutty. So, I have decided to remove nut-butter for the next couple days and see how I feel.  I also re-read parts of Clean to see what it said, which was very helpful. It mentions that the second week your body really starts to detox deeper so there could be more discomforts, but you must still eat—good to know! Tomorrow I will drink my dinner!! I never thought I would find myself “forcing” food down on a cleanse haha


 **Annie and Me at the First Falls**
 **Find Your Serenity**
 **Together in the Middle**
 **We Found Sam!!**
 **Fish Creek's Second Falls**
 **Beauties**
 **Crouching Tiger, Hidden Annie**
 **Looking Down**



Breakfast Smoothie
1 C blueberries
½ peach or nectarine
4-6 kale leaves
6oz. coconut water
2 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp protein powder of choice (vanilla flavored is our favorite!)
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
1 tbsp Nutiva coconut manna (or coconut oil)
1 tsp cinnamon


 Meg’s Coconut Curry
1 C Brown Rice
1 canned Coconut Milk
3 C Vegetarian Pho broth OR vegetable OR chicken broth OR water
(*If using water: add 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp veggie trocomare)
1 yellow onion chopped
2 fresh garlic cloves diced
1½ tbsp Turmeric
1½ tbsp Curry
2 tbsp Coconut oil
4 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Cayenne
Veggies: 1 head of broccoli, 1 bunch of sugar snap peas, 1 C grated carrots, 1-2 C sliced shitake mushrooms, 1 C green onion
-Chop all your veggies: onions, garlic, etc. Heat medium pot on medium/low temp. Put in coconut oil, yellow onions, and diced garlic into pot to sweat. When translucent put in mushrooms and olive oil and stir in spices and let cook down. Next add rice and broth and cook for 30min. After 30mins add coconut milk and veggies and cook for 10-15 minutes longer, until vegetables are tender. You can top your dish with green onions and salt for taste. (Optional Flavor Enhancer: 1 tsp cilantro and some lime zest)


Dinner
Pegs and I fasted again… after re-reading the book, we are NOT going to do this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment