Sunday, September 16, 2012

Clean City

Friday afternoon I headed to Denver for a weekend with my beloved JennBunny. I was skeptical how it would go eating Clean and all, but it wasn’t bad! I did have one flop… After a long night of dancing I foolishly ate a baby food packet that had pureed bananas and milk in it—total fail... READ ALL YOUR INGREDIENTS!!! I had to forgive myself quickly though because the cleanse must go on. Aside from that road bump, I ate Clean all weekend: smoothies for breakfast, salads for lunch, and either baby food or another smoothie for dinner (I know, it sounds gross, but my sister Alex turned me onto the baby food and they are DELISH!). I am happy to know now that I can stay Clean while traveling!

 **Plum Baby Food**


Saturday
**AMAZING Vegan Beet Salad @ Root Down**
 **Denver Highland's Farmer Market**
 **Quick Trip to Boulder**
**Bunny and her View**


Sunday
 
**Rent-a-Bikes**
 **Loving the City**
 **Broccoli Soup: it's what's for Dinner**



Broccoli Soup
2 T olive oil                                   
1 bunch Broccoli (Approx. 2 C chopped)
4 C Stock: chicken, vegetable or no-chicken broth                                                 
½ Onion rough chopped  (or 1leek green part only, or 1 small shallot finely chopped)
1-2 cloves of garlic chopped  
Salt & Pepper to taste
Other nice additions: ½ C zucchini, sugar snap peas, spinach
  • Sauté onions in oil in a medium pot over medium heat.  Add the broccoli, garlic, and added vegetables if using.  Cover vegetable with 4 cups of broth of choice.  Cover and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Carefully use an immersion hand blender and puree the soup.  IF you like it chunky, remove ½ and puree in a food processor and mash the remaining soup.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Another nice touch is a slice of lemon squeezed!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment