Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sugar + Detox = TOXIC


^the culprit^

When you detox, there is always the possibility you won’t properly ease food back into your system... And that is what I did today… And let me tell you, it is NOT pretty!


I had been planning to make granola for my friends and finally got around to it. Over the course of mixing and cooking all the ingredients, I grazed. I picked out some of the delicious coconut shreds, pecans, licking the honey that dripped, what ever I desired.


After I put the granola into the oven, I decided to make some of Pegs “hippie” cookies to send to my friends as well. That too I unconsciously grazed over!


Having not eaten sugar, or anything really for that matter, the past two days I shocked my system.


I started getting nauseous when Pegs and I had finished dinner. Pegs badgered me asking if I had eaten a lot of the granola, and I insisted no! My body was saying otherwise.


That bit of grazing took a serious toll on me. By the time I got into bed, I was back out, and in the bathroom… no bueno


So for those of you who are attempting to do this detox, take this as fair warning. Do not let my foolish mistake happen to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment