Thursday, October 6, 2011

Proper Nourishment

I woke up today feeling a lot better, and was determined to make-it-up to myself by properly nourishing my body. I drank a lot of tea and water, and ate two simple meals.


For breakfast I wanted something warming (since the weather has dropped significantly), so in changing up the normal Oatmeal I made creamed quinoa. My recipe made enough for 1 serving:

¼ C Quinoa

¾ C Coconut milk

½ Apple, cubed

1 TBSP Cinnamon

** If you want sweetener, add 1 TSP of honey or agave after it has cooked **


I added all the ingredients into a small pot. I brought it to a boil, and then simmered on low for 15 minutes. I let it sit for 5 minutes before enjoying.


This is a great meal for a cold morning, if you are not feeling well, or love cinnamon and apples!


For dinner, Pegs and I had some roasted pumpkin squash, yellow squash, red onion, and beet salad. We cut up the veggies and roasted them for 45 minutes at 350° for perfection. To keep the dressing simple, all we did was squeeze some lemon juice with olive oil and mixed together.


Both simple, nourishing, and satisfying meals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment