Saturday, October 15, 2011

Long Ways Home

Friday-Saturday 10/14-15:

The Megs and Pegs mountain adventure had to end at some point, and unfortunately today was the day. Friday the 14th we began our long drive home. We left at 630am and got into Zion National Park around 330pm.


I drove the first 9 hours and Pegs not quite 2.

We attempted to hike around when we got into Zion. However, after driving through a freakishly small dark tunnel and my camera dying Pegs and I decided we should continue journeying on to Vegas.


I drove the following 3hrs it took from Zion to Las Vegas where we ate at a delicious vegan, vegetarian, non-vegetarian restaurant called Red Velvet Café. Pegs and I shared vegetable curry, chopped salad, and veggie stir-fry.



After we finished eating, I started feeling sick… not fun. Pegs and I then went to Melissa’s house where we spent the night.


In the morning, I woke up feeling even worse than the night before. All the driving really took a toll on me. So after taking Melissa to breakfast, Pegs and I promptly hit the road.


I drove the first 2 hours to Barstow (cruuuuising) and Pegs did the last 2-hour leg to Manhattan Beach.


By the time we got home, I was beat. I posted up on the couch and vegged until I went to sleep.


I cannot believe we are home and that our time in Steamboat has come and gone. It feels like yesterday Pegs and I were flying out there. Now we are home with a great foundation to finish our project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment