Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DETOX


Along with fun comes drinking, and that we did this weekend. So for the past two days I have been “cleansing” myself with a modified version of the Master Cleanse.
For those of you unfamiliar with the Master Cleanse, it is a fairly simple concoction. The ingredients are roughly:
-1 freshly juiced lemon
-1 TSP 100% organic Maple Syrup
-A pinch of Cayenne pepper
*all mixed into a Liter or so of water.


I have modified this cleanse by allowing myself to eat blanched broccoli and chard for an early dinner. Since these veggies are natural detoxifiers, it won’t affect my results of this cleanse. (It also makes it way easier for me to execute!) I usually do this for 1-3 days. After this "fasting" I slowly reintroduce more veggies, fruits, grains, and then proteins back into my body over the following day or two.
If you have had a long weekend, are feeling yucky, or just want to feel refreshed… I recommend this modified cleanse! It is very good for your body, liver, and overall health!!

No comments:

Post a Comment